Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Establishing and maintaining electronic connectivity between vendors, transportation carriers, sellers, and buyers, is one of the most difficult tasks in today's modern supply chain. Different industries and regions have developed their own standards for integration, and only a handful of companies have invested heavily in "speaking" all of the various global "languages."
Here at Amazon, we see a future where manufacturers, transportation carriers, sellers, and buyers can seamlessly integrate with each other without having to learn a new "language" every time they do so. Our team, Amazon Link, is building a new platform to tackle this issue by connecting Amazon and its global business partners in a faster, more reliable, and flexible way. If you are excited about building large-scale distributed systems, and enjoy working on providing solutions that directly contribute to Amazon's bottom-line, you should join the AmazonLink team.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build very cool software that changes the supply chain paradigm. We're serious about high quality service-oriented and object-oriented design, code quality, easy maintenance, reliability and software stability.
Be very hands-on; work with the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
Responsible for the overall systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
Work with engineering teams to design and optimize a wide variety of development projects using a variety of development tools and practices. In addition, the role involves developing shared components and tools, analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices as well as training and mentoring other engineers.
To be successful you'll need to have lots of experience with managing full life cycle software development, front-end and back-end development, customer focus, knowledge of , experience working with databases, and excellent communication skills.
If you are the kind of person who naturally creates new opportunities and drives projects to completion, sometimes across several functions and groups, you should apply now.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a highly competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment and the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Team Specific Perks
• 2 weeks per year allocated for personal growth. This includes a wide range of activities like online trainings, tech conferences and mentorship programs.
• Regular Happy hours and team building activities. (We switched to Virtual Happy Hours for the time being)
• Great work life balance.
• Flexible work hours and WFH policy.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience
• 2+ years coding in , Java or C++, on a Unix/Linux platform
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Strong distributed systems architectural skills
• 2+ years of experience with Backend service Technologies
• 2+ years of experience with AWS or other cloud services
• 3+ years of experience with Oracle or SQL Server
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly self motivated and motivating
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Back to top