AWS CloudFront is looking for experienced Software Development Engineer to join our team in Seattle, WA or Portland,OR and be part of the next-generation strategic projects.
AWS CloudFront is a global content delivery network (CDN) service for secure delivery of data, video and audio streams, applications, and APIs to customers with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. This is an opportunity to design, build and operate a better and secure Internet. An ideal candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity and passion for building services at a massive scale used by millions of people. We offer comprehensive relocation and benefit packages.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: designing and building the software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations.
If you like working at the forefront of high scale and cutting-edge distributed technologies, you will enjoy growing AWS CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Deep knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Strong programming skills, preferably in C, C++ or Java
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• Thorough understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Familiarity with the Linux development environment
• Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration
• Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar setting
• Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
• Experience in building and operating large scale and distributed systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter and motivated
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.