Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in AWS? Passionate about building high performing, scalable business critical applications? Come work on the AWS SDKs and Tools team where we are building the SDKs and Tools for AWS customers.
As a Software Development Engineer with the AWS SDK's & Tools platform team you will design, develop and validate functionalities and features for a service responsible for automating daily releases of AWS SDKs .You will create solutions using cutting edge technologies like DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and more. As an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with high-performance technical teammates and having fun doing it.
• Design, implement and support a service to automate the daily releases of AWS SDK's.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features.
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• Will own high code quality, test coverage, and apply best practices
• Drive operational best practices across deliverables.
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Experience with AWS technologies (SNS, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Step Functions, etc).
• Understanding of web services technologies.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion.
• A general passion for programming languages & learning new technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top