Are you passionate about finding patterns in seemingly disparate problems? Does working closely with the customers to drive innovation excite you? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solutions and services we build enable Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law, and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer for the Kingpin team. Kingpin is a goal management application that facilitates decisions by providing a central source of truth for goal definition, metrics, and status. Kingpin provides intuitive and flexible reporting for goals throughout the commitment lifecycle: from inception through the reporting of final results. Thousands of Amazon employees use Kingpin each day to inform their leadership about progress toward their goals. Functional and performance improvements to the system can simplify our customers' lives and improve the quality of information that is used to make critical decisions every day. We are currently laying down the overall rearchitecting Kingpin to use the newest technologies that will help us serve our customers better each day. This is your opportunity to make your mark in the design and architecture of the new system.
As a Senior Engineer, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will learn and explore new possibilities and leverage your experience to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. Your code, design, and implementation decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organization as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to about requirements, product features and technical designs
- Experience with full stack application development of applications on AWS
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.