Software Development Engineer
- Beachwood, OH
Amazon has been investing heavily in providing the best advertiser, publisher, and end customer experience focused on Video Ads. Amazon's Advertising Technology organization builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
This is an explosive area of growth for Amazon and provides unique challenges like ownership of a mission-critical infrastructure that is the linchpin for video ad enablement. We enable partner teams within Amazon such as Twitch, IMDB, and Prime Video to enable video ads for their VOD and live events (ie. Thursday Night Football). Our infrastructure handles processing a huge volume of events through a distributed architecture, while maintaining low latency and maximizing ad delivery. We're looking to scale from here and continually improve our performance.
We are looking for a software engineer to join this amazing team of trailblazing technologists and own the complex infrastructure that processes billions of events each day in an extremely low-latency environment. As an SDE on the Video Ads team you will build out well-tested platform code, ensure optimal performance, design scalable systems, collaborate with partner teams, manage infrastructure, and deliver software that delights users.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Experience with UI frameworks such as Spring MVC, GWT, jQuery, Swing, etc.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Coding skills in Java coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
• Experience in software development and full product life-cycles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top