Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simplest solutions? Are you excited about building large-scale distributed systems? Do you enjoy leveraging technology to solve real world problems?
The Cube Capacity team is responsible for all systems, algorithms and metrics to configure and make available different kinds of storage to AFT and supply chain systems. It provides a framework to make trade-offs of cube utilization vs throughput. We enable hands-off-the-wheel approach for cube management and optimization.
Join Cube Capacity team, an AFT Software, and be part of developing large-scale, distributed systems which optimize the fulfillment of customer orders. Interface with the physical world including conveyors & robots, and most importantly your systems will be used by thousands of associates to delight millions of customers. We are looking for Software Development Engineers who will be responsible for Design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, Software applications and tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software and automated solutions to enable products that are used in Amazon fulfillment centres. The system that you build will have a direct impact on the Top Line performance of the company to the tune of hundreds of millions (USD). In this role, you will have an opportunity to own, design, and develop large-scale software services and data management systems. You will have influence on subsystem design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with linear math optimization systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top