Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of our video offering that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content.
PV Engagement Automation team owns product development of an intelligent channel agnostic engagement automation designed to provide a holistic view of a prime video customer's lifecycle state, recommendations, they have seen, and/or marketing messages they have (or have not) received. Using smart rules and machine learning, self learning system sends relevant, timely, and personalized content on a fully automated basis. We are building a multi-channel campaign management system powered by customer profile data, engagement propensity models and recommendations to enable automated customer segmentation and targeting.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve interesting technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top notch software developers, this might be the role for you.
You will join a development team that interacts with marketing and data scientist teams. Our team researches and builds channels through which we engage and stay connected with our customers, such as dynamic video ads, personalized e-mail recommendations, amazon retail websites and social media. The services we build rely on leading edge machine learning techniques to learn about our customer needs and to match them with a wide array of video content. In short, we have exciting challenges in an industry that's doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it!
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that interacts with millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.