Software Development Engineer
- Warsaw, Poland
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to develop home security devices and services.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about building customer-centric, innovate products, with experience in computer vision and machine learning.
You will work closely with an internal team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and testing. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications
• Shows in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed
• Has experience working with machine learning pipelines
• Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams to problem solve
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
• Has experience working with various AWS service offerings and can identify the right architecture for the problem in hand
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
• 3+ years of current experience working with distributed systems and building micro-services
• 3+ years of experience developing scalable web services
• 3+ years of coding skills in Go, Python or Java
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working in IOT and building scalable backend services
• Experience with working on AWS services (SageMaker, S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, IAM)
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Go, Python, Java, C/C++, Rust) and open-source technologies
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong data analysis and debugging skills
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top