Software Development Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud ? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and Postgres compatible, relational database service that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability. Amazon Aurora is powered by an auto-scaling, auto-healing, distributed storage cluster of massive world-wide scale.
Amazon Aurora Storage platform team is looking for experienced software engineers who are excited about building large scale systems spanning tens of thousands of servers, across multiple data-centers worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant software components critical to our industry leading database services architected for the cloud.
In this hands on position you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver high quality code that has a broad business impact.
• 8+ year's overall development experience and 4+ year's enterprise software experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
• Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages, C/C++, C# or Java
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and networking.
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with C/C++.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Back to top