Software Development Engineer
The Kindle Content Technology team is searching for a strong individual contributor in software development. This senior developer will work on building systems and application to meet the growing demands of the reading community and the publishing industry.
Great candidates will possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in Computer Science such as Algorithms, Object Oriented Design, Distributed Systems, Transaction Processing, Search and Information Retrieval and Operating Systems. Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language (preferably Java).
The role of SDE at Amazon includes but is not limited to
- Design and build extremely reliable, scalable and high performing enterprise systems in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
- Excellent programming skills in either C, C++ or Java
- Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Creatively use their tech skills to solve business problems
- Linux system development experience is a plus.
Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to:
- Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
- Learn new systems
- Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering a world-class Kindle experience to our customers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of software engineering and product delivery experience.
- Strong coding skills in C, C++, JS, Java or Python
- Experience shipping on a wide variety of platforms and browsers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong background in algorithms and high performance distributed systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Masters Degree preferred
- Proficiency with web development, mobile and server side programming
- Experience with both object oriented languages and functional languages
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top