Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS Commerce Platform is seeking a talented Software Development Engineer to build and operate Commerce Platform services within specialized AWS Regions that support government customers. AWS offerings such as EC2, EBS, S3, ElastiCache, EMR, Aurora, and RedShift are massively scaled services that make up a critical piece of the internet.
Commerce Platform processes trillions of events per month from AWS services such as these to provide bill generation, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer usage, and analytics to both AWS customers and internal users. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we work closely with other AWS teams to ensure our customers are provided with a great experience. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in Seattle, WA working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
In this role you will:
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in micro-services, container, and distributed cluster-compute architectures.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a scrum team.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline or 4 years of relevant equivalent experience.
• 1+ years debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• 1+ years with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Comfortable working with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
• Experience building high-volume, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top