Software Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking a technical leader who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Cloud Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products in IOT space. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
• The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications.
• Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
• Has experience working with various AWS service offerings and can identify the right architecture for the problem in hand
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proven experience doing hands-on software development
• Proven experience working with Distributed systems and building micro-services
• Proven experience developing scalable web services
• Proven experience of coding skills in one of the modern programming languages (Java,Go, Rust, C/C++, Python)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proven experience in Go or Java
• Experience working in IOT and building scalable backend services
• Experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, IAM).
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java,Go, Rust, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong data analysis and debugging skills
Back to top