Software Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Are you interested in automatically customizing every Amazon experience for every customer on any device? Do you enjoy corralling massive amounts of distributed data using predictive analytics and deep learning to create meaningful information ? Do you think targeting should be more than just advertising? If these things appeal to you, then the Customer Targeting team is for you! We are seeking experienced software engineers to help us change the game on how the world thinks of targeted content and tackle problems that haven't been solved yet.
The Targeting team matches content to customers across all of Amazon's businesses and marketing channels. Our systems operate at a massive scale and rely heavily on machine learning, data aggregation, and data mining. These techniques allow us to provide a high degree of accuracy in getting the right content to the right customer - and driving significant increases in our business objectives as a result.
The ideal candidate for this has excellent problem-solving skills, a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, a customer-focused mindset, and a proven track record of on-time delivery. They are familiar with machine learning, service-oriented architectures, and distributed data and services.
Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years relevant work experience, or Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java
• Ability to take a project from scoping through launch
* Experience building large-scale multi-tiered distributed systems.
• Experience working with machine learning techniques in the fields of predictive analytics and deep learning.
• Demonstrated experience with large data sets and MapReduce are a strong plus. We break down our problems into chunks of terabytes.
• Knowledge of professional software development lifecycle engineering practices including coding standards, code review practices, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and review technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top