Software Development Engineer, AmazonFresh and Prime Now
The Amazon Fresh and Prime Now teams are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team that is focused on building mission critical software used by Amazon customers.
As a developer on the team you'll drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. We have many domains ranging from highly-scalable transactional backend systems, to complex optimization problems, to customer facing mobile apps, so if you love building world-class software of any type, most likely we have a place for you.
We're truly an agile shop: we work closely with users, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are aggressive about test coverage, refactoring and paying off technical debt.
We're looking for software development leaders who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms, and HCI and who love writing great code. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
This position is located in Seattle, WA.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• At least 3+ years of professional software development experience, including internships
• At least 3+ experience in a fast-paced and agile development environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Strong OO analysis, design, and development skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with cloud computing
• Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
• Experience with machine learning and feedback loops
• Experience using functional programming languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.