Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited about building an experience that delights millions of customers at Amazon around the globe? Are you interested in building first hand distributed software services that scales with ever increasing demand? As part of the A to z Guarantee team, our vision is to protect buyers from bad ordering experiences by taking remedial actions so that we delight buyers even in the presence of a defect i.e. when something goes wrong with an order, such as an item never arriving or arriving different from expectations. We work to ensure that the issues are resolved as quickly and as painlessly as possible. Our work has tremendous impact and influences customers' ordering lifecycle and builds customer and Seller Trust in Amazon. The goal is to enable customers to feel confident in making purchases from Amazon 3P sellers similar to Amazon Retail on Amazon storefront.
We are looking for a highly motivated SDE with strong leadership skills to help build our vision and improve systems to cater to ever increasing scale. Come join us to use your strong leadership skills to build this young team and products with immense visibility and impact on Amazon's business.
In this role, you will:
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Perform development and maintenance of key system features
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Establish architectural principles, selecting design patterns and mentoring team members on their appropriate application
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++or Perl
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experienced in high compute data processing.
• Worked in collaborative environment and coached peer and junior engineers.
• Caching technologies, web protocols, Web services technologies a strong plus.
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top