Software Development Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Have you ever wondered how Amazon operates its workforce to power the largest and most advanced fulfillment operation in the world? Operating a workforce at Amazon's scale demands intelligent systems to ensure that we can innovate and optimize with increasing efficiency as our fulfillment network grows.
As our Fulfillment Center Network expands at a rapid pace, the need to effectively train and coach our associates becomes crucial as the workforce expands. We are building a platform that integrates with our robotics technology, and provides standardized training and delivering of real-time coaching for our fulfillment center associates across the world, using the latest and greatest technologies available.
At Amazon, you are empowered to own your success and the success of the team. We operate like a small business within the larger Amazon ecosystem. Our team is able to focus on adding value for our customers without the headaches of infrastructure, external testing teams or other overhead. We have full ownership of our delivery pipeline so the team can ship to production in hours, not weeks or months.
Would you like to use your software engineering background to build disruptive solutions to benefit Amazon's world-class operations workforce? If you have exceptional technical expertise and experience creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance services and architectures to solve complex business problems, we want to talk to you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems
• Experienced in UX/Behavioral Design
• Experienced in development on AWS
• Likes to ship code!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top