Software Development Engineer - AWS Systems Manager
- Seattle, WA
AWS Systems Manager is the operations hub for the AWS cloud. Many customers from startups to enterprises are running their entire infrastructure or parts of it in AWS. Operating this infrastructure in the cloud in a reliable way is absolutely important to our customers and we are a core part of that story. Many IT administrators and DevOps engineers rely on Systems Manager to operate their infrastructure safely and securely at scale. Systems Manager provides a unified operational dashboard to view operational data from multiple AWS services, manage large fleet of instances, manage their distributed applications as a single unit and automate their operational tasks/runbooks and define safe operational workflows. More info on Systems Manager: https://aws.amazon.com/systems-manager/).
We are looking for a looking for a Senior SDE build highly distributed systems aimed at providing safe operating capabilities for our customers. You should be passionate about being part of a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is expected of a Senior SDE and is key to our long term success.
The Systems Manager team values work-life balance. We value different lifestyles that people have - e.g. daycare pickups, helping a partner who works weekends, caring for aging parents, going to the gym once a day - and we want to provide an inclusive environment for everyone. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship and Career Growth:
We are focused on the growth and development of every member of the team, and that includes our Senior SDEs. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire Systems Manager organization and deliver initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams. This is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and we will have to hire and develop others along the way.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Masters degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• 6+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Back to top