Software Development Engineer - AWS SSO
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
AWS Identity team has been strategic to amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing fundamental platform capabilities to all of AWS services. AWS identity team enables our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. At AWS we operate massively scalable, geographically-distributed systems built using commodity hardware that handle many billions of transactions a day. Our products are used by customers to solve their needs in identity management, web services security, single sign on, and much more.
With the launch of AWS SSO in December 2017, we have entered a new business space, and started a new multi-year initiative to deliver customer value. AWS SSO dramatically simplifies how customers sign into all their applications, whether on-premises or on the cloud, from any device. We are looking for talented engineers who will be responsible for owning and driving engineering design in this space focusing on enabling cloud single sign on and B2B integration. We're looking for top talent to design, evangelize and implement state of the art solutions for never before solved problems.
This position within AWS represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience)
• 5+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
• Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C# and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, REST, etc.
• Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar.
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP and REST.
• Understanding of Identity Systems like LDAP and/or Active Directory
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 3+ years of working with large distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top