Are you interested in building tools and services to change the way customers create, deploy and manage their applications using Amazon Web Services. If so, read on!
AWS Service Catalog makes it very easy to create, manage and scale individual resources such as EC2 instances, EBS volumes and RDS databases. We are looking for talented, motivated and passionate software development engineers to be part of the team and extend the Amazon Web Services capabilities by giving developers and systems administrators an easy way to create and manage a collection of related AWS resources as a single unit, manage the lifecycle of applications on the Amazon Web Services platform and make AWS the place to run your business.
If you are excited to solve problems that are raised by challenging questions like: How do I see all of the resources my application requires in a single place? How can I reliably duplicate my infrastructure between test, staging, and production environments? How should I name my resources so multiple developers and applications don't conflict? How can I make sure everything I need started correctly, and in the right sequence? How do I manage and operate my application when it is running and, how can I make sure things are cleaned up reliably and automatically when something goes wrong?
As a member of the team, you will bring the simplicity that AWS offers for managing individual resources to the task of repeatedly and predictably creating entire groups of related resources that power your applications, making creating and inter-connecting all resources your application requires to run is now as simple as creating a single EC2 or RDS instance.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.