Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Platform
- Irvine, CA
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others. Our team works with the many AWS teams to solve security challenges at massive scale. We enable the trust by building services that meet the security goals of our customers, from compliance to analysis. We dive deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale audit analysis.
Our team is looking for highly intelligent software and systems professionals to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results. You should be passionate about solving security hurdles in innovative ways. We do not desire to simply produce good software here at AWS Security... we want to produce disruptive, history changing innovations.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." A typical day on our team involves working with users to design new security features, prototyping and demonstrating features to your users, deploying software through our large automated systems, and operationally supporting your newly deployed software. You are looking for radical new approaches to automate fixes for operational issues. You get use AWS services to solve design problems. You get to interact with AWS teams to integrate your application with theirs. You'll be part of a world-class team and surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This job is located in Herndon, VA.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience working with Linux operating system development
• Able to work in a diverse team
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Strong knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
• Some experience with security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning.
• Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems
• Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
• A person that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
• Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top