Software Development Engineer - AWS Security
- Tracy, CA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS' massive scale. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help innovate and build new services from the ground up that will make security and innovation simultaneous for AWS product teams. You will have the opportunity to define, design, build, and operate new services from end to end in collaboration with industry leading security experts. You will work in an agile team to translate business requirements from senior leadership into tools and services that will influence how AWS product teams securely deliver the world's largest cloud platform. Come build with us!
We are looking for SDE who is excited about engineering services and systems at AWS scale. You'll be designing for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. In this role you will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. In addition you will be expected raise the standards of the organization by mentoring junior engineers, interviewing and upleveling the coding standards. This is a highly visible program across AWS where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of professional experience with Java, C++, or similar object oriented language
• 3+ years of working knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
• Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation
• Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top