AWS Cloud Security SecDevOps is a team of world-class software development engineers responsible for shaping the future of internal security tooling within AWS Security. We build innovative technologies at massive scale to help keep AWS and our customers secure. As a software development engineer on this team you will leverage modern technologies and AWS services to empower AWS security response engineers to be more productive.
You are a software developer who likes to deliver software solutions that solve business problems and delight your customers with efficiency and productivity gains. You've got development experience with technologies like AWS, Java, TypeScript, React, Python, MongoDB, and SQL, though you don't need experience with all of those to start. You might be a front end developer, a back end developer, or a full stack engineer - our team is growing and we have several positions open. If you have some background in security that is helpful, but not required.
We are the AWS Sec Dev Ops team. We build all of the APIs, websites, and tools for AWS Security Operations including a Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platform. Our team tackles the most challenging internal development efforts within AWS Security - the ones which require massive scale, constant availability, and integration with numerous other services and tools. To help delight our customers we incorporate real-time collaboration features and use purpose-built databases, while maintaining close contact with our customers throughout the development process.
Location is flexible and can be one of:
• Herndon, VA
• Arlington, VA
• San Diego, CA
• Seattle, WA
• Vancouver, Canada
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years software development experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, or TypeScript
• Minimum of 1 year experience developing for Linux OS (or developing on macOS)
• Minimum of 1 year experience using Git
• Experience building on AWS including using CDK, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, etc.
• Experience writing unit and integration tests
• Experience developing web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
• Experience developing using SQL and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
• Full stack web development experience including frontend web user interfaces, backend APIs, and storage systems
• Proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Experience with security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.