Come and build innovative services that protect our cloud from security threats.
As an AWS Security Software Development Engineer (SDE), you'll help to build and manage high performance platforms to deal with big data, support security analytics and implement automation to address security threats. You'll work with data scientists, security engineers, and other software development engineers across multiple teams to develop innovative security solutions at massive scale. Our services protect the AWS cloud for all customers and preserves our customers' trust in us. You'll get to use the full power and breadth of AWS technologies to build services that proactively protect every single AWS customer, both internally and externally, from security threats not many teams can say that!
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have a modest on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 1-2 months.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members. Teams have a mix of experience levels, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers and managers truly enjoy mentoring junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We assign projects and tasks based on what will help team members develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Our teams are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build cool services, but we also believe a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers. We want someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we're focused on building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• BS degree and 3+ years of professional software development experience building and operating production systems with at least one modern language such as Java, Go, TypeScript, Python
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture, system design, and scaling of new and existing solutions in a distributed, virtualized, or cloud environment
• Experience developing reliable and scalable software solutions in a distributed, virtualized, or cloud environment
• Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases, and problem solving
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of the project
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
• Exposure to big data technologies such as EMR, Hadoop, Glue, Spark, Athena.
• Exposure to data streaming and messaging platforms such as Kafka, Kinesis, SNS, SQS.
• Working knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .