Software Development Engineer - AWS Security
- Vancouver, Canada
Are you interested in making an impact and partnering with various Amazon businesses including our e-Commerce websites, Prime, Alexa and AWS? Ever wonder how it feels to have hundreds of thousands of users counting on you to be performant, innovative and adaptable?
AWS Security is the group for you! We are responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data, while being connected to all parts of Amazon's business and its massive worldwide service-oriented architecture. Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve interesting and complex business problems, AWS Security is the place for you.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to design and build large scale, highly impactful Permissions and Access Management Systems with companywide reach. There is ample opportunity to innovate and deliver high impact outcomes.You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence the Amazon developer experience. You will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle across the entire Amazon development community, including design, implementation, documentation, , deployment and operations across multiple products.
Successful candidates for this position will have strong software engineering fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures) and a good grasp of advanced systems concepts and design. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers within a group of very talented engineers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ year of architectural and system design skills in Java, C#, or other high-scale programming language
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, , and operations
• 3+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience in the security, access, or identity spaces
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Master's Degree in computer science or related field
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top