Amazon Route 53 DNS data plane team is hiring! Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with Amazon CloudFront, Amazon S3, and Amazon Elastic Load Balancing.
DNS Data plane is a highly available AWS service which is designed to give developers and businesses an extremely reliable and cost effective way to route end users to Internet applications. We are building the next generation data plane service that will be even more resilient to external threats focusing on improving the routing and system performance. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: designing and building the software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations.
We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of high scale and cutting edge distributed technologies, you will enjoy growing Amazon Route 53 !
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or at least 5 years equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience programming in one modern programming language such as; C, C++, or Java
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
- Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment