Do you want to design, build and deploy software on a global scale? Come and join the AWS Region Services Organization!
Available locations: Arlington, VA (Hq2) or Seattle, WA
AWS customers are truly innovative & diverse, the AWS Region is the foundation for offering services to our customers. Expanding customer use cases, new geographies, & the rapid adoption of cloud computing makes new region builds critical for AWS to address evolving customer needs.
Why you will love it:
You will have exposure to teams and leaders across the entire company. You will see many aspects of the Amazon business. You will have a direct impact on AWS growth and delivering major new capabilities for our customers. You will have ownership and responsibility for defining and executing processes that deliver both savings and productivity for AWS.
The AWS Region Services Organization redefines the way AWS designs, builds and operates regions that will enable new regions and region offerings of different designs and sizes. We deliver products by working backwards from unique Customer requirements for broader applicability.
The teams: (Choose your path within AWS Regions Software teams).
We are a collection of 8 - 10 development teams, led, driven & influenced by our software engineering / leadership teams that collaborate extensively with our Technical Program / Product Managements teams to bring the vision of our customers back to the developers to build software solutions, influencing hundreds of AWS Service teams. Come build with us!
We are seeking software developers with industry experience, technical innovation and solid engineering skills. All of our development is very partner and customer-centric, and you should feel strongly not only about building and releasing good software, but about making that software highly reliable and scalable. Experience with cloud and web services, operating systems, device software, and test frameworks will be helpful.
You should be someone who enjoys working and having fun with some of the smartest software engineers in the industry, building complex system software to deliver significant impact for the AWS Region Services Organization.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once and be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various AWS teams.
If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and online assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience in large-scale data processing systems or distributed systems
• Experience with Scrum, Kanban or Agile development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.