AWS Platform is hiring in Arlington, Herndon, NYC, and Seattle!
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
• We care about both delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower managers to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
• You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
• You will operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale.
• You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
At AWS, We:
• Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds.
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience.
• Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones.
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative.
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers.
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity.
• Build creative short-term and sustainable long-term solutions with others as passionate as you about this mission.
• Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
• Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people.
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 3+ years of software development experience and a bachelor's or master's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related discipline.
• Fluency and experience in one or more of the following: Java, Ruby, or Python.
• 3+ years experience in object-oriented design and development.
• 3+ years experience in distributed systems and web services design.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us