Software Development Engineer - AWS Observability
- Hanoi, Vietnam
Come join a creative team dedicated to change the way the world sees the Cloud!
We are looking for software engineers that are passionate about building observability solutions (granular insights into metrics, logs, traces, and alerting), and rich visualization providing interactive exploration across a large volume of sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. AWS has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our software engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
This is a unique opportunity to build a new AWS service from the ground up to a successful launch.
In this role, you will be positioning AWS as a thought leader in related projects by collaborating and influencing the community and contributing to projects. You will be responsible to , build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success.
Our team also puts a value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field, or Equivalent experience. 2+ years professional experience in software
• Proficiency in or other OOP languages such as , , Ruby, or C++
• Experience in object-oriented , structures, , and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
One or more of the following are preferred:
• Depth in structures and , especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling
• Experience as an contributor or maintainer of a popular project.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Experience coding in Go and/or .
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with scale stores and caching strategies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top