Software Development Engineer [AWS Networking]
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to build highly available fault tolerant distributed systems for managing, monitoring, and controlling AWS infrastructure. Our team is responsible for re-defining the way we think about networking and infrastructure to enable our internal and external customers to continue to scale without limit on the largest, most reliable global infrastructure.
We are looking for innovative, self-motivated candidates with a proven background in scalable distributed systems and web services development in Java, Python or C++ on Linux-based platforms. In this role you will be a hands-on technical lead responsible for all phases of the project development cycle. You will work with customers to gather requirements and generate technical designs, and you will carry the project from implementation all the way through validation and operations. In this role you will also be expected use strong leadership and communication skills to mentor other engineers and provide training and support for our technologies. If you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges you won't see anywhere else, then come join our group.
This position is with the Network Product Development group within AWS Networking.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 5 or more years of professional experience
- Or, Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2 or more years of professional experience
- Strong coding skills in Java, Python or C++
- Experience with designing and building large scale systems
- Experience developing in Java on Linux
- Multi-threaded programming
- Deep experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top