Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including our e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are currently looking for a senior software development engineer to help us deliver the future of software control systems at the core of our global network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about autonomous software systems that transform the way networks are built and operated. You build high quality, highly available, always-on services.
You're happiest when you're working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Come join us and...
• Do what nobody else in the world is doing... literally.
• Gain world class knowledge and expertise on the inner workings of the Internet.
• Define and design the next generation of Amazon's Software Defined Network.
• Create, enhance, and run scalable autonomous controller services that observe the state of the network, make active decisions to optimize traffic based on programmable business logic.
• Build massive real-time systems which inform and drive complex changes across the global network and Internet.
• Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operations.
• Gain practical experience building incredible software using Amazon Web Services.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- B.S in Computer Science, mathematics, or other technical discipline.
- 6+ years of experience with Java or C/C++/C# and Perl or Python.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or other technical discipline
• Experience with Software Defined Networking controllers, network performance measurement, analysis and traffic optimization techniques
• Experience with networking protocols and concepts such as routing, TCP/IP BGP, OSPF/ISIS, NetFlow, SNMP, and Internet Traffic Engineering techniques.
• Experience with data analytics concepts, techniques and approaches (statistical inference, regression models etc.)
• Familiarity or experience with Graph Algorithm, Graph Databases, Machine Learning- regression, classification, clustering & retrieval, recommender systems & dimensionality reduction, deep learning etc.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.