Software Development Engineer - AWS Marketplace
Ever wonder what it would have been like being at Amazon.com in the late 90s? Are you the sort of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because no one has done what you're doing before? AWS Marketplace
(http://aws.amazon.com/marketplace) is looking for people like you! We are building what can best be described as an "appstore for the cloud" – allowing software vendors to sell their cloud-deployable products on Amazon's AWS infrastructure and allowing customers of all sizes to find the right products to run their business without worrying about datacenters, hardware, or cumbersome software installation processes.
We're only just getting started. And we need YOUR help!
As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to kernel and system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, good knowledge of web services and protocols (HTTP/XML/REST). Knowledge of distributed systems architectures based on SOA is also desirable, as is experience with web UI development.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top