Software Development Engineer - AWS Marketplace Console Team
Do you want to build amazing services and experiences to help millions of customers discover, purchase, and manage software in the cloud? If so, read on!
AWS Marketplace makes it easy to buy and sell cloud-based software, and we're one of the fastest-growing businesses in AWS. We're bringing Amazon's e-commerce expertise to cloud software, and fundamentally changing how software is bought and sold in the cloud -- and we need your help!
We are looking for a talented, motivated, and passionate software development engineer to join our team and help us build a brand-new version of AWS Marketplace in the AWS Console, which is visited by millions of customers each week. In short: You'll be helping to build a brand-new e-commerce website from the ground up, using the most modern technologies available.
As a member of the team, you'll be involved in the complete software development lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, and operations. We are a small team where you will have big impact, and direct influence over the tools and technologies used to build our platform. We're strong believers in agile software development, and you'll have direct control over how we accomplish our goals.
In this role, a commitment to teamwork, customer focus, and strong communication skills (for both technical and business partners) are absolute requirements. You should have a strong foundation built on Computer Science fundamentals, have a deep understanding of industry best-practices, and be passionate about building great software. You should have a proven track record of turning customer needs into elegant designs, as well as implementing those designs using smart, clean software development patterns.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Programming experience in any of the following languages: Java, Ruby, C#, C++, Python in Linux and/or Windows environments.
- Experience in web development frameworks like AngularJS and React.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure or distributed systems for web-based services.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2 and DynamoDB.
- Experience developing software in an agile, team-based environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment, driving operational excellence and industry best-practices.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top