Software Development Engineer - AWS Marketplace
Come join the AWS Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software is bought and sold! AWS Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all AWS customers, and it enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new capabilities to improve the products and offerings. Our vision is to make AWS Marketplace the one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineers to help the team take AWS Marketplace to the next level. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures. Experience with asynchronous workflow systems is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Programming in C, C++, C# and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top