Come join the AWS Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software is bought and sold! AWS Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all AWS customers, and it enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new capabilities to improve the products and offerings. Our vision is to make AWS Marketplace the one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineers to help the team take AWS Marketplace to the next level. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. This person has strong design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, or C#
• Proficiency in AWS cloud computing services such as EC2, S3, Dynamo
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us