Software Development Engineer, AWS Machine Learning Platforms
Interested in Machine Learning? Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning (AML) team is Amazon's fully managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build predictive models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for online predictions. We own and develop https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/. AML offers scalable regression and classification techniques on textual, categorical, and numerical data via easy-to-use APIs, an SDK, and AWS Console UI. It reduces the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that external developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
In this role you will design, implement, test, document, and deliver large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services using Object-Oriented programming, distributed programming, Java, SQL, and more in a Linux environment. Assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards, and mentor junior development engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C#, Perl
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering; building and operating complex distributed systems
- Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R and MATLAB is a plus
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top