AWS Lambda, at the heart of the Serverless movement, is a fast growing service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure for a wide range of applications.
We are seeking Software Development Engineers interested in driving the evolution of Lambdas virtualization and containerization platforms. Lambda using AWS Firecracker runs millions of lightweight containers constantly shifting resources between them.
In this role you will help deliver Lambda on new architecture types, drive continued improvement of Lambda's security barrier and optimize the performance of the Lambda platform from the metal upwards. You will get the opportunity to use modern programming languages like GoLang and Rust, and cutting edge virtualization like Firecracker to push the limits of scale. This position involves on-call responsibilities. This is typically done once every 8 weeks. We strive to keep this down and ensure our systems are fault tolerant. Our team values work-life balance and respect each others time.
If you're excited about cloud computing, have a deep Linux kernel knowledge and are interested in building the largest of systems, then join us in making Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience focused in the areas of low-level software engineering and/or systems programming, for example Linux, C/C++, GoLang or Rust.
- Experience with Unix or Linux Kernel.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where engineers are owners.
- Proficient in Linux networking and OS internals, and eagerness to teach others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.