Software Development Engineer, AWS Lambda
- Seattle, WA
AWS Lambda is a fast growing service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure platform for a wide range of applications.
The Lambda Health Guardian team owns managing the health of critical Lambda services (Placement, FrontEnd, Workers) in order to minimize customer impact in the face of faulty instances through automatic failure detection and mitigation.
Health Guardian has a global view of Lambda's fleet health which enables it to detect anomalies including AZ-wide failures - this will allow service teams to weight-away from affected zones before our customers see any perceptible impact. The team recently reduced the detection latency from 10 minutes down to under 30 seconds, and we're not done yet!
The team is growing rapidly and is looking for talented software engineers who can help us create the massive scale and powerful new programming paradigms that our customers need to be successful. If you're excited about cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of distributed system design, then join us in making Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Job location is Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Experience in one or more of Java, C#, Object Oriented Language, Go, C/C++
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams.
• Track record of successfully delivering large scale software projects
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Excellent customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top