Software Development Engineer- AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Team
Job description Software Development Engineer – AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Team
The AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Ubiquitous Computing project - Greengrass - is a new initiative in Amazon and we're pulling together a fantastic team to achieve our mission. We believe we will be at the hub of enabling the next wave of innovation in technology. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when embedding technology into physical things and when bridging cloud power with local compute – from smart building, wearables, medical devices, automobile, intelligent industrial automation and more, we have the right role for you.
IoT refers to a system of physical devices, from cars, light bulbs, sensor grids and more, that connect to the Internet. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020 if current trends continue, and any device that consumes electricity can become connected.
We are looking for all levels of passionate software engineers and system engineers to build large scale Amazon Cloud Services, IoT Gateway, and end to end intelligent solutions to enable and support these connected devices, and provide great value to customers both from cloud and from local compute.
- Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
- Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
- Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
- Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative
- Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
- Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
- Are excited about the incredible opportunity connected products represent
- Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission
- Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Want to create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
- Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong capability to solve ambiguous problems, and familiarity with cloud and web services technologies .
- Minimum of 2 years software development experience with at least one of the programming languages such as Java, C or C++, Python, NodeJS and GO.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / M2M industry (i.e. business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.) is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top