Do you want to build a solid career and be part of a new team who are innovating to help customers avoid unintentional spending on AWS services? If so, join our team in Arlington, VA!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data center globally. Millions of customers including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading governments agencies- are using AWS to innovate faster, become more agile and lower costs.
AWS services provides multiple pricing options like Free tier, On-Demand, Spot Instances and Savings Plans to customers. The pricing options allows customers to tailor the cost usage to their budget. However, customers who overlooked their usage of AWS services incur unintentional spend and we are building new team with the mandate to solve the problem by providing customers a well-managed cost control alert system.
We are expanding and are hiring Software Engineers in HQ2 Arlington, VA!
As a Software engineer, you will have opportunities to learn new technologies and work as Full-stack or focus on Backend. You will have ownership and responsibility on the design, development of API and/or UI, deployment and support of the application services, accelerate the delivery on key initiatives, collaborate with other teams and mentor junior engineers.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are constantly learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of programming experience and fluent in one of the language such as Java, Scala, C++, C#
- 3+ years of experience agile development process within a continuous delivery environment
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with CI/CD in a backend context.
- Front-end experience at least one of the modern UI framework such as Reactjs, Vuejs or Angular
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Strong analytical abilities and design skills