Software Development Engineer- AWS Infrastructure Services
- Sunnyvale, CA
We have exciting things going on in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Development Engineer that is ready to join AWS and help us innovate on behalf of our customers.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the , services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for looking-forward IT solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
In this role, you will directly influence the AWS technology ecosystem. You will join a group of technology leaders that are determined to delight our customers while helping AWS deliver new tooling and services to enable massive growth. You will integrate with AWS products, you will help develop new AWS offerings, and you will build new /services to fill gaps. You will be part of a full-stack development team - building back-end services and implementing new technologies, plus a great front-end experience. You will build for a global audience, delivering highly-scalable services and a low-latency experience for all of your customers. If you are ready for an opportunity like this, we would love to hear from you.
As Development Engineer, you will:
• Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services and teams.
• Design and build scalable reporting, capacity management, and dashboard platform.
• Make technology decisions that meet business challenges while balancing long term and short term needs.
• Deep dive on existing technical issues and provide comprehensive solutions.
• Work closely with multiple teams to achieve technical targets.
• Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence.
• Experience with server Configuration Management tools.
• Experience developing in Ruby or Perl.
• Knowledge of Linux operational systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with AWS platforms, services, and design patterns.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top