Software Development Engineer - AWS in Bellevue!
Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop computing service in the cloud. WorkSpaces allows customers to easily provide cloud-based desktops that allow end-users to access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and zero clients. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality cloud desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions.
If you like to work in massively scalable distributed systems, networking protocols for real time presentation remoting and opportunities to work on multiple client technologies then join our team to help build Amazon's Desktop-As-A-Service offering! We aim to bring a desktop experience to modern form factors (mobile, desktop) with a native experience for end-users, and a simple and cost-effective way to provision and manage these desktops for IT administrators, leveraging world's largest public cloud!
As a member of Workspace development team, you will have opportunities to work on several technology area from Workspace core service that provisions desktops, provides secure access to the provisioned desktops, develop and optimize network protocols for display and IO remoting and client software on IOS, Android and Windows, on various form factors. From a customer point of view, it is an opportunity to delight our customers in both experience and simplicity. From an engineering perspective, it is a great opportunity to build distributed systems, using industry leading AWS constructs such as EC2, EBS, DynamoDB, EMR and SWF.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- · 5+ years experience
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- · Strong skills in Objective C, Java, C, C++
- · Strong knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- 10+ years experience
- Previous experience developing distributed systems
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top