Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity
- Mansfield, United Kingdom
Security is the #1 concern for customers moving to the cloud and AWS is dedicated to providing security features our customers need, at scale.
The AWS Identity team owns and operates highly scalable, highly available distributed systems that are used by all AWS customers and internal service teams alike. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS. We enable our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant engineering leaders to work with us on this new initiative!
We are building a new cloud platform that dramatically simplifies how enterprise customers manage and control access to their AWS resources. We are looking for a talented engineering leader who will be responsible for owning, driving and evangelizing this space focused on enabling customers to manage and secure their AWS workloads at scale.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Successful applicants will have experience defining service architecture, strong development skill and extensive experience in software design, development, testing and operations. As a Senior Engineer, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will learn and explore new possibilities and leverage your experience to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. Your code, design, and implementation decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organization as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS in computer science or related field
• Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Knowledge of development, testing and operations in a service oriented architecture.
• MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to about requirements, product features and technical designs
• Proven track record of leading software projects and influencing engineering best practices within the team.
• Experience architecting systems on AWS platform
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top