AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Identity and Access Management (IAM) has been strategic to AWS from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as identity management, access control, security, and providing fundamental platform capabilities to all AWS services.
Now we are embarking on a new initiative to further expand the portfolio of AWS Identity services and automate AWS new regions build. As AWS continues to grow rapidly, we are building the next generation of IAM platform that is best suited for the cloud in the future. This is an area that requires building some of the largest massive scale distributed systems in the world. It represents a unique opportunity to contribute in developing Tier-0 platform services for AWS from the ground zero with security, scalability, high availability, and low latency in mind from day 1.
We are looking for software development engineers who take pride in tackling hardest challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and get excited about owning critical platform services that serve customers globally every second of the day. You will own design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of the new global distributed systems that are core to all AWS services.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
- Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design
- Experience with distributed systems
- The ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.