Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity & Access Management
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Identity and Access Management (IAM) has been strategic to AWS from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as identity management, access control, security, and providing fundamental platform capabilities to all AWS services.
Now we are embarking on a new initiative to further expand the portfolio of AWS Identity services and automate AWS new regions build. As AWS continues to grow rapidly, we are building the next generation of IAM platform that is best suited for the cloud in the future. This is an area that requires building some of the largest massive scale distributed systems in the world. It represents a unique opportunity to contribute in developing Tier-0 platform services for AWS from the ground zero with security, scalability, high availability, and low latency in mind from day 1.
We are looking for software development engineers who take pride in tackling hardest challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and get excited about owning critical platform services that serve customers globally every second of the day. You will own design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of the new global distributed systems that are core to all AWS services.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
- Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design
- Experience with distributed systems
- The ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top