Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity & Access
- Perth, Australia
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity team builds, operates, and innovates the identity, authentication, and authorization stack for the AWS cloud. We have a proven record of building large scale systems with very strict requirements for availability, reliability and latency, and are pushing boundaries on operational excellence. The AWS Identity team also owns Service Quotas, which enables AWS customers and internal partners to manage resource limits for AWS services. We are expanding our resource governance charter with traffic management capabilities. With these new features, external customers and internal partners are able to safely and predictably manage access flows to their services and continue to protect their advertised SLAs during traffic spikes. The traffic management team will build new services backed by strict SLAs and operational quality, build tools for customers and partners to manage their traffic, use data analysis and intelligence techniques to automatically handle traffic limits during and after traffic spikes.
As a Senior SDE, you will be a technical leader on the team. As a technical lead, you will define and maintain high standards for design, code quality, operational excellence. You will be expected to play a key role partnering with Principal Engineers in creating and driving the technical vision for the team that uses a wide range of technologies to deliver highly scalable and available services for direct customer consumption. You'll work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our growing business needs. You'll work with stakeholders across AWS to collaborate, design and launch new services and relish the impact your services will have on real customers.
As an SDE on our team you will:
• Lead design, implementation, and deployment of systems and services.
• Define secure and scalable solutions for data collection, data processing, machine learning and customer facing APIs.
• Develop and incorporate machine learning and automated reasoning techniques into customer capabilities.
• Collaborate efficiently with other teams to deliver impactful projects.
• Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions while working through system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
• Learn and apply new skills regularly, while working on some of the most critical systems in AWS.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top