Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity & Access
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Identity Intelligence's mission is to comprehensively analyze data to discover insightful patterns which simplify setting access controls and enable customers to confidently manage permissions wherever they are set in AWS. These are features that customers use to analyze the IAM activity in and across their AWS accounts. Customers use this information to dial in permissions or remove entities confidently.
As part of our mission, we leverage large scale data processing and analysis techniques such as machine learning and automated reasoning to help our customers safely set appropriate access controls across their AWS environments.
As an SDE on the team, you will help us deliver solutions at a global scale, own systems end to end and influence the direction of technology used by all AWS customers around the world. You can expect to design efficient & scalable solutions for customer problems and lead their delivery. You will have the opportunity to own mission critical projects, interact with our team of research scientists, product managers, senior & principal engineers and mentor our junior level developers. In this role, you will:
• Collaborate in the design, implementation and deployment of systems and services.
• Define secure, efficient and scalable solutions for data collection, data processing and machine learning.
• Design and implement customer facing APIs.
• Functionally decompose complex problems to implement simple, straight-forward solutions while accounting for system interdependencies.
• Learn and apply new skills regularly while working on some of the most critical systems in AWS.
• Share your expertise and knowledge with colleagues and motivate others to do the same.
• Maintain a strong focus on the quality of our software development practices and the operational health of the systems we maintain.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience having taken a lead role in delivering a complex software systems for customers.
• Experience building out or supporting large scale, distributed data processing systems.
• Knowledge of cloud native development practices (design, CI/CD etc).
• Hands on expertise in one or more of these: Scala, AWS EMR, Hive, Spark, Impala, Kafka, Storm.
• Demonstrated ability to learn, evaluate and apply new skills to existing or new problem spaces.
• Received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or higher.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top