Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms. With the growth of AWS, the workloads and access pattern keep evolving demanding the next order of magnitude scalability. We are looking for strong software engineers to build the next generation functionality in this area. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment in a fast-paced environment.
You must have an established background in building large distributed systems, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. It is a highly technical space. You are a strong technical contributor who understands the big picture, drives prioritization, builds consensus and rallies the team behind it. Responsibilities include driving architecture, design and implementation of complex components while maintaining an uncompromising bar on quality, and mentoring junior developers for software within the team.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production and operating at large scale
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience of working with identity domain
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer focus including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions
• Prior experience in defining, scoping and pitching the business and technical vision for a complicated area within a highly technical domain.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top