Software Development Engineer, AWS Health AI
- Seattle, WA
The Health AI team is looking for an SDE to join an exciting new product initiative in the genomics space. Our existing products include Amazon Comprehend Medical and Amazon HealthLake. You will be involved in the entire product development cycle including customer calls, planning, design, prototyping, launching, and managing operations. Our products make it easy for Healthcare customers to use Machine Learning and AWS technology to achieve better outcomes for their patients. You will work with a diverse team brought together and motivated by work that improves people's lives, while being challenged on a daily basis.
Our ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity, builds collaborative relationships, moves fast, and is passionate about meaningful work. They will have the technical skills to design and build complex distributed systems that runs at AWS scale. They prefer working on small, focused teams, own their product, and love to pitch in anywhere to get the job done. They lead by example and the team naturally gravitates toward them because of their engineering expertise and decision-making ability. They can communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences and are comfortable pitching new ideas.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
Upon joining Health AI, every employee is paired with a peer buddy who will help you to quickly come up to speed in understanding the technology we're building, the tools we use and the business problems we're trying to solve. We hire exceptional people and we recognize the importance of coaching others. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, and job level. On our internal "Broadcast" video streaming website, you'll find countless presentations by some of the brightest minds in computing discussing solutions to many of the exciting problems we're solving in AWS today with new live-streaming videos added every week.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network (BEN), Amazon Women in Engineering (AWE) and Glamazon (our LGBTQ+ community).
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design for distributed systems on AWS or similar cloud platforms
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Python, or Go
• Very strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Master's Degree or PhD in computer science (or related field)
• Experience with Relational and No SQL Databases
• Experience releasing and maintaining open source software
• Experience building complex distributed systems that are scalable and highly available using AWS services
• Experience with high performance computing (HPC)
• Domain knowledge in the fields of healthcare and genomics
Back to top