Software Development Engineer, AWS Finance BI
- Bengaluru, India
At AWS FinBI we are building a set of customer facing applications for moving and enhancing the interaction with daily data and workflow needs. We prioritize projects that add multi-folds of speed, depth and collaboration for over user workflows. We do this by building re-usable data processing modules with web UI that retains flexibility and familiarity.
Come join us to establish an eco-system of tools and services with some modern UI for managing workflows otherwise done with Spreadsheets, Email and Shared Folders.
What you will build?
As a member of the AWS FinBI Dev Team you will build small-to-mid size services and tools for real-time processing and feedback allowing integration across multiple finance processes and collaboration among finance users. You will help the team achieve fast turnarounds by designing and developing unified systematic workflows. Dev team's key charter is also to expand FinBI's toolkit for finance users by building tools for executing tasks and tracking of processes, reducing manual time-consuming activities, and establishing data acquisition for new processes, prioritized in that order. You will develop on Amazon internal technology stack and only integrate with third party software whenever absolutely necessitated by wider Finance community.
A full stack developer for a budding software team within a greater data analytics team of aiming to fast-track our users to a future of connected data and workflow eco-system. You will enjoy working in this team if you are a fast learner and want to build on the full stack of data layer and presentation layer. You will be responsible for architecture, design, development and test of web solutions to meet customer data needs.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor/Master's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant work experience
• 5+ years in full stack development
• Experience with cloud services and databases used for transactions as well as analytics work-loads
• Experience in defining APIs
• Experience with event-driven systems highly desirable
• Experience with ETL (SQL and NO-SQL) database skills
• Experience with AWS Services like Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Cognito
• Experience in running and consuming big data processing outputs such as Spark, EMR is highly desirable
• Familiarity in NodeJS based backend servers like Express
• Familiarity with front-end UI frameworks such as React or Angular or use of JSX, Typescript
• Quick learner with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top