The AWS Container Services organization is responsible for building and operating some of the core services that help customers run containerized microservices, including Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECR, and AWS App Mesh. We have an ambitious roadmap that seeks to redefine how our customers build their applications and run them at scale.
AWS Fargate is one of our big areas of investment. We are tasked with giving developers and operators simple yet powerful experiences that allow them to focus on their code and business needs without the need to become experts at the underlying container orchestration infrastructure. To achieve this vision, we are looking for a Software Engineer to both work on challenging technical problems and serve as a leader on the team, helping grow and mentor others. This is a great time to join a growing team and help influence what we can do for customers who are adopting serverless containers and all the benefits Fargate brings them.
If you are someone who is passionate about building high quality services, delighting developers, and have a passion for customers and developer relations, this job is for you. You will be joining a team with the charter to make containers the new compute primitive and the first choice when architecting modern applications. You will have the chance to be a part of defining how developers use containers at scale.
If you join our team, you will:
• Obsess over your customers and deliver a first-class experience for them
• Take ownership of ambiguous problems and deliver solutions for them
• Work on the complete software development life cycle: definition to delivery
• Operate a public AWS service with globally distributed customers and servers
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or IT related technical discipline OR in place of 4 years of relevant industry software engineering experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or IT related technical discipline.
• Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
• Experience with large scale distributed systems.
• Experience with containers and the broader container ecosystem.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Linux fundamentals.
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.