Who we are:
Amazon EMR is a service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run a huge number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
EMR customers want EMR to provide the best security features of any managed Big Data offering. In order to achieve that vision, the EMR Control Plane team in New York are developing features to support migrations of long-running multi-tenant clusters to AWS, harden our default configuration, and remediate any security risks.
Who you are:
You're a very experienced developer with a track record of delivering impactful projects, mentoring junior developers, and improving the processes of the teams you work with. You're got a particular interest in building secure and reliable systems, designing software so that people can't do what they're not supposed to do, and making things that scale. You like getting into the nitty gritty technical details, digging down through all the levels of a stack.
Examples of projects we've done:
https://aws.amazon.com/lake-formation/ (integrating Lake Formation access controls and authentication with EMR clusters)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Familiar with authorization and authentication systems - kerberos, SAML, OAuth, IAM etc.
• Understanding of encryption and security of distributed systems - ssh, TLS, cipher modes, x.509, etc.
• Experience designing and building highly-scaled distributed systems and web services
• Understanding of parallel algorithms, concurrency, asynchronous architectures
• Experience mentoring and coaching junior engineers with less experience
• Proficiency in high-performance, multi-threaded programming
• Ability to drive cross-team solutions that may have complex dependencies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.